In order to facilitate the user to surfing online and doing a research for specific topic or question, nearly all the web browsers contains a search engine on the interface and enable the user to get a quick search for anything they want to know. It is such a case that when people want to use another search engine instead of the current one, but the problem is they don’t know how to change the default search engine on the browser. If you also don’t know how to do, don’t be so upset, because I would like to share some how-to guides to show you how can change the default search engine on your web browser.
In Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (with three bars)
- Click on Settings
- Under the Search section, click Downwards Arrow next to the specific search engine, and choose another search engine you like through the drop-down menu
- Restart your Google Chrome to get a refresh
In Mozilla Firefox
- Click on the settints icon with three bars(upper right corner), select Option on the drop-down menu
- Please go to the Search tab, and choose a new default search engine under the Default Search Engine (click on the Downwards Arrow to expandd the sub-menu)
- And you can choose to delete the search engine you don’t need on the list of search engines.
In Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the search icon (magnifying glass) on the address bar to open a drop-down menu
- Click on the ADD at the bottom, and you will also see the current default search engine of your IE Internet Explorer Gallery will display, and find the add-on you want from the list of add-ons of IE, and then click Add to download and install it
- After the installation, please click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the browser, and select Manage add-ons
- Go to the Search Providers tab, and highlight the new search engine, click Set as default, and then you can close the window and restart your Internet Explorer
In additional to change the default search engine, there are usually some toolbars like uninstall Web Companion you may need to remove on your web browser, the how-to uninstall blog maybe provide some effective solution for you.